Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Week 1 EOC : Modern Internet

When I was 13, I got a big lesson in computers from my father who sat me down and helped me build my first desktop PC from the motherboard up. Since that day, it has been my desire to learn more about this wonderful technology and use it to my advantage. However, it seems like I’ve been stumped on coming up with the next “great idea” that would launch my career.

Today, I was reading about one of the top sites on the internet today called MediaFire.com, and I was shocked to find that the President and CEO of the company, Derek Labian, got his start at the young age of 16. MediaFire.com is a service that helps people store, organize, and share data via the Internet for you to share with your family, friend, associates, etc.What makes them special, is that they are the only file sharing site to offer unlimited downloads, uploads, storage, and download resuming, zero wait times,and many more features, all for free! They have over 12 million daily visitors, 25 million people registered on MediaFire.com, over 100% yearly growth since 2006, users at 86% of the Fortune 500 companies, premium customers in 121 countries, and users in over 230 countries around the globe! Pretty impressive if you ask me!

No comments:

Post a Comment